Req ID: 31441
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: <1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Associate Engineer, Satellite Control Systems
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in a Software Development, Integration and Test team dedicated to building the Intelsat Satellite Control Systems. You should have a desire to learn and creatively tackle challenging technical problem, ensure operational readiness of state-of-the-art software solutions as well as provide critical support to a highly skilled Satellite Engineering and Operation team. Your projects will range from participating to the integration and testing of new satellites and associated tools inside and outside the existing infrastructure, to improving the Ground Network System (GNS) architecture, design and testing environment by leveraging on new technologies.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Use your love of learning and first-rate communication and leadership skills to interface with software development teams to get in depth understanding of the software architecture and design.
- Use your superior organization skills and continuous improvement drive to perform and improve the deployment of the Ground Network.
- Showcase your testing and troubleshooting skills to test and support our Ground Network System in close collaboration with IT Operations, development teams, Satellite engineer and operation teams.
Can you drive these processes?
- Investigate and identify root cause of software and environmental issues and provide recommendation for a solution.
- Automate operational tasks, Identify and contribute to automation activities.
- Test the GNS, Commanding Systems and Implement automation that will support our testing environment.
- Continuously monitor production environment for health and performance.
- Provide 24x7 on-Call support on rotational basis.
You should definitely have
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Linux, Python, Java through modern IDEA.
- Experience with SQL.
- Script skills in bash
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
It would be nice if you had:
- Basic understaning of Machine Learning
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new solutions and new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website