This is not your typical PR job! As Manager, Brand PR and Activation, you will oversee all external PR and be responsible for leading a team of world-class agencies to develop and create unique and ownable campaigns that drive awareness, buzz, and engagement to help advance Arby's into a culturally relevant juggernaut. A successful candidate for this position should have strong experience in earned media, brand activation, experiential events, and influencer marketing. This individual will bring an entrepreneurial & creative mindset and need to be a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-placed, always-on environment.
This position reports to the VP, Brand Communications, and will be embedded full-time within the Arby's marketing team with a dotted line to Sr. Director, Advertising, Merchandizing & Social. The role is located at the Inspire Brands Support Center in Atlanta, GA.
- Lead external brand public relations supporting Arby's strategic priorities, including the launch of new menu items, promotions, and partnerships.
- Develop and own an ongoing brand activation calendar, mapping out key cultural and/or seasonal touchstones to help the brand identify and apply new opportunities to reach & engage external audiences through content and activations.
- Proactively generate a constant stream of new, multifaceted & creative ideas that resonate with and empower our audiences and keeps Arby's top-of-mind and culturally relevant outside planned marketing moments throughout the year..
- Brief, identify and help shape ideas generated by partner agencies. Criteria based evaluation for business building potential, brand fit, and cultural relevance/PR impact.
- Draft communications materials, including media pitches, PR/activation campaign copy and briefing documents for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing PR/brand activation campaigns, interacting regularly with marketing and operations departments, as well as outside partners – and bring big ideas to life. Excellent project management skills required.
- Create, foster, manage, and maximize an influencer strategy program for the Arby's brand. This will need to be best-in-class and unique to the Arby's brand.
- Own influencer campaigns and logistics such as: ideation, strategy, content approval, direct communication with influencers, campaign performance, maintaining budget trackers, drafting/updating contracts, and program details
- Stay on top of influencer marketing trends, relevant talent, measurement models and industry news.
- Ensure all influencer engagements, both paid and organic, meet client and FTC guidelines.
- Required Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or relevant field
- 7+ years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Operational discipline – ability to lead from idea to execution - manage details on tight timing, key contact for go-to-market execution, budget management, leadership communications, etc.
- Creative mindset grounded in strategy – a desire to constantly challenge the norm with bold, original ideas that will build the brand and business
- Obsessed with culture and finding ways to be authentic and relevant in big moments
- Keen ability to identify a great idea that fit with the brand – honed instincts on what ideas will generate headlines and coverage
- Experience working closely with social media teams, brand marketers, and marketing agencies
- Passionate about PR and what it takes to do signature, award-winning work
When you work at Arby's, it's more than just a job; it's an opportunity to prioritize your growth and development while having a ton of fun. We're proud of the food we serve. Our goal is to be the best in the business, and we can't do that without great people like you!
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby's, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin', Jimmy John's, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We're made up of some of the world's most iconic restaurant brands, but we're much more than just a restaurant company. We're a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple—it's an experience. At Inspire, that's our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
Apply on company website