The Mgr. Technical Accounts is the primary contact for internal and external clients of the Insight Managed Services (IMS) Integration Labs. The Manager is responsible for the supervision of Services Technicians and Material Handlers and the direction of customer rollouts including the configuration of routers, switches, file servers, desktops, laptops, etc. The position involves ensuring the on-time completion of rollout schedules while maintaining the highest level of quality and a commitment to the ISO standards. This individual utilizes exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to assure continued customer satisfaction.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct staff in the integration of network hardware, software, and operating systems. This includes coordinating bench space allocation, configuration specifications, etc., in order to assure timely, quality deliverables to Insight’s clients. Assist staff with rollouts as required.
- Ensure project goals are accomplished. This includes concentrating on client satisfaction, expected number of daily configurations, time, parts usage, first time fix, callbacks, and communication with clients, Management, and Sales.
- Provide IMS management with reports that include daily and/or weekly revenue and productivity.
- Identify system hardware as well as software application and operating system problems. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to resolve the problem. Resolution is achieved by utilizing a systematic troubleshooting approach and appropriate technical documentation to diagnose maintenance problems.
- Employ time management skills to ensure the efficient utilization of Insight resources including parts, tools, inventory, time, etc. Also, prioritize completion of work assigned based on contract terms, warranty policies, parts availability, workload, and time restrictions.
- Support in-house networking infrastructure (utilized for client builds).
- Complete all required documentation involved in a project, including in-process and final inspections, as well as revenue tracking. This includes providing all required information to the Lab management team as needed.
- Assist with troubleshooting hardware and/or software issues that arise.
- Research industry literature in order to stay current on new product/service developments and announcements.
- Train staff to ensure they are using up-to-date client build instructions and quality checklists for each build.
- Navigate ERP system used for order processing. This includes, but is not limited to releasing, tracking, and confirming orders within the ERP to assure timely delivery of product to the warehouse.
- Maintain and protect Insight’s assets and property including spare parts, client-supplied product, loaners, tools, test equipment, etc.
- Escalate issues to IMS management as appropriate. This includes issues exceeding commitments with regard to response time, repair time, lack of parts, training, or any other actual/potential risk to client satisfaction.
- Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner as well as communicate effectively (in both written and verbal communications) with Insight’s associates and clients.
- Assist other IMS Technical Account Managers and Management on projects as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of configuring routers, switches, file servers, desktops, and laptops.
- Proven experience in or aptitude for leading people.
- Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Standard and other Quality Systems.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Information Technology or equivalent education/experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ technical experience in the computer industry.
- Three (3) years networking experience.
- Internal candidates must be at the Supervisor level to apply
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Apply on company website