Requisition Number: 67782
As a Senior Accountant you’ll be part of a Dynamic and detail orientated team of corporate accountants, requiring an accounting background and an understanding of general ledger accounting coupled with large company business process knowledge. In this role, you’ll research and collect large volumes of ERP data, perform advanced functions within MS Excel and effectively communicate through written and verbal channels while embracing a team-environment. Your primary focus in this role is on internal financial reporting and analysis across various Insight departments. This position will be supervised by the Senior Manager of Services Accounting, work closely with financial operations and services operations, as well as liaise with various departments across the business.
What you'll do at Insight:
- Efficiently prepare and document journal entries and reconciliations relating to balance sheet accounts that affect operating expenses.
- Drive the month end close and consolidation process through collaboration and coordination with functional business department owners and corporate accounting personnel.
- Apply U.S. GAAP accounting for revenue, delivery and operating expenses of the services solution areas of our business.
- Analyze and describe balance sheet and operating expense fluctuations relating to distinct lines of business.
- Perform income statement and balance sheet analytics and provide fluctuation explanations.
- Work with internal and external auditors, as required, regarding compliance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Identifies improvements for the services accounting close process and develops/documents solutions for improvements.
- Lead calls with Services Delivery management regarding project status and project-to-date accounting.
- Assist with confidential matters relating to accounting and reporting and other Company matters.
- Assist with acquisition-related procedures and integration efforts.
- Various ad-hoc analysis and special projects as assigned by accounting management.
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Four years of experience in Accounting & Finance functions.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to adapt to a growing and changing environment.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Ability to identify balance sheet errors and improper or misclassified operating expense activity.
- Ability to document and support the purposes of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ability to generate and update process documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with various organizational levels.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, deadline orientated environment.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of large company ERP systems.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Services accounting experience a plus.
- CPA or equivalent required.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight's success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people's lives. Harmony to celebrate each other's unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Join our team as we work to deliver the best solutions through Intelligent Technology Solutions™, the new IT.
- Global technology provider of IT hardware, software and service solutions
- Fortune 500 company founded in 1988 with clients around the globe
- $5.5 billion in revenue for 2016
- 6,400+ teammates worldwide
- 2017 Arizona's Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), 2016 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2017 Dell EMC Titanium Black Partner, 2016 HP US Personal Systems Reseller of the Year, 2016 Cisco Gold Certification in North America, Microsoft's largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website