BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The position of Buyer 1 is responsible for the procurement and process application as it supports Insight's operations and order fulfillment. This will include working operational issues with suppliers, providing strong client service and maintaining data accuracy within SAP. The Buyer Associate will be empowered to resolve issues as they relate to their assigned responsibilities. Teamwork with internal and external departments is necessary to ensure achievement of overall team goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process Application:
- Responsible for purchase order (PO) execution
- Process MDS orders and warranty registrations
- Process Goods Receipt (GR) for Drop shipments
- Work with Accounting to reconcile invoice variances (PPV)
- Respond to general sales requests including lead time, pricing, and general vendor inquiries within allotted service levels (SLAs)
- Management of ETAs and Lead times for materials
- Manage ETAs for open Purchase Orders
- Supplier / Material Management:
- Responsible for management of Tier2/Tier3 manufacturer lines (Technology partners, and non-go to market supported weird ware lines)
- Support Tier1 Foundation Partner lines in ETA, PO backlog management, and PO Goods receipt/invoicing.
- Expedite deliveries
- Negotiate with suppliers as needed – lead times, freight, cost.
- Follow up and close open issues with suppliers
- Manage internal and external supplier backlog reports
- Purchasing Operations:
- Management of data integrity across area of responsibility & reporting system / data integrity issues
- Create / cancel PO's aligned to daily sales order requirements.
- Update and maintain accurate PO costing.
- Proactive approach to / shipment errors / reconciliation (Accounts Payable)
- Program Support – warranties, special pricing, SW licensing
- Work with various departments within Insight
- Online order entry
- Fulfill MDS requests
- Backup other team members in their absence by having knowledge and cross training of their programs and job functions
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEducation and/or Experience:
College degree preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and/or issues from suppliers, management, and other teammates.
Strong client service skills and commitment to meet or exceed client requirements. Ability to understand and respond to client needs. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills required. Strong Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel. Previous SAP experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Apply on company website