Requisition Number: 80475
As a Network Engineer, your primary role be will be as a Subject Mater Expert on diverse and challenging customer projects. You will be responsible for the implementation of Cisco solutions and related technologies.
This is a one year contract position with the opportunity for full time employment. This position involves high travel within the US, approximately 80%.
What you’ll do at Insight:
- Manages, monitors and troubleshoots WAN and LAN connections for various clients. Uses remote monitoring tools and protocol analyzers to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve network problems.
- Perform advanced, complex network analysis, identify problems and design solutions
- Recommend enhancements to network that will improve the quality, performance, security and reliability of the network
- Creates and maintains documentation of networks and network systems.
- Follows project methodologies to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides technical network expertise to others as necessary, including instructing field personnel in basic network troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Configures new network equipment and connections.
- Handle day-to-day network related tickets
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- Full-time experience with medium to large scale enterprise networks (4+ years)
- IT customer support and service (4+ years)
- Experience with Cisco Systems switches, routers, wireless networks (3+ years)
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing/switching concepts, and common routing protocols.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred accompanied with designated certifications. Candidates should have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications or other similar achievements.
- Knowledge proficiency with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Knowledge proficiency with IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, and GRE
- Knowledge proficiency with WAN technologies including MPLS, QoS, DMVPN and circuiting.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Austin || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Austin, TX ||
Apply on company website