Assists the Finance Manager in the provision of a first class finance and administration function in support of the business.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable ledger including processing and recording invoices and payment transactions.
- Prepares and submits payment batches for approval and payment. (Cheque and electronic payments)
- Codes, checks and enters all purchase requisitions, purchase orders, expense reports and supplier invoices within delegated authority levels
- Respond to supplier and publisher queries in connection with amounts due or payments made.
Accounts Receivable/Cash Application
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable ledger including processing and recording invoices, credit notes and cash receipts.
- Allocates and posts to the ledger all cash receipts daily maintaining accurate and up to date customer records.
- Preparation of manual invoices and credit notes as needed
- Responds to customer queries in relation to transactions and balances as required.
- Ensures invoices and statements are issued and distributed to customers on a prompt and timely basis.
Credit & Collections
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with credit policies and procedures
- Conducts credit limit reviews and requests updates within delegated authority limits.
- Manages credit holds and resolves any outstanding issues.
- Communicates with customers on overdue or disputed items. Resolves queries and disputes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains weekly stockholding and inventory files
- Raise purchase orders and liaise with suppliers.
- Ensures goods are received, invoiced authorized and entered
Other Finance Administration
- Carrying out month end duties and assisting the Finance Manager and Financial Accountant to ensure the management accounts are reported accurately
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment
- Reports any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately
Qualifications (Typical Experience, Typical Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities):
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Attendance at external courses will be required.
- Continuous progress on external courses will be a key performance measure for this position.
- MS Office skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to multitask and be proactive Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- 9.5% Superannuation Pension
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Annual discretionary bonus
Apply on company website