Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Medical Surgical Neuro/Stroke department.
With the leadership of the Manager, the Registered Nurse functions as an interactive resource in clinical nursing and professional practice. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordinating of and performing direct nursing care for patients, utilizing concepts of the nursing process, serves as resource, preceptor, mentor, and leader for physicians, professional peers and other fellow employees, and provides participative supervision to the Patient Care Team Members in collaboration with the Patient Manager.
Essential Job Functions
Collaborates closely with physicians to assess, design, coordinate, implement, and evaluate the patients' plan of care and the patients' outcomes.
Demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide complex nursing skills and delegates tasks to other Care Team members according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served as delineated in the Patient Care Centers Scope of Care.
Responsible for and monitors the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction.
Accurately and independently pursues professional development opportunities.
Assumes responsibility to assure the daily operations of the Patient Care Center are effectively and efficiently maintained.
Works within the accepted service standards and supports the Vision of Ingalls Hospital.
Works in partnership with other patient care team members and pro-actively identifies and provides for individual patient, family, and physicians needs exceeding their expectations, and employing appropriate customer relations.
Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and Vision of Ingalls Hospital.
Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care.
Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required
- Must hold a current RN Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or valid temporary permit to practice nursing in the State of Illinois
- Must hold a current Basic Life Support certification (Healthcare Provider Recognition)
- Acute care or related experience providing nursing care to patients within at least the last five years
- Job Type/FTE: Part-time (0.6) ; 12-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Medical Surgial Neuro/Stroke Department
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website