Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Intensive Care Unit.
With the leadership of the Manager, the Registered Nurse functions as an interactive resource in clinical nursing and professional practice. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordinating of and performing direct nursing care for patients, utilizing concepts of the nursing process, serving as a resource, preceptor, mentor, and leader for physicians, professional peers, and other fellow employees, and providing participative supervision to the Patient Care Team Members in collaboration with the Patient Manager.
Essential Job Functions
Collaborates closely with physicians to assess, design, coordinate, implement and evaluate the patients' plan of care and the patients' outcomes.
Demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide complex nursing skills and delegates tasks to other Care Team members according to unit-specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served as delineated in the Patient Care Centers Scope of Care.
Responsible for and monitoring the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction.
Accurately and independently pursues professional development opportunities.
Assumes responsibility to assure the daily operations of the Patient Care Center are effectively and efficiently maintained.
Works within the accepted service standards and supports the Vision of Ingalls Hospital.
Works in partnership with other patient care team members and pro-actively identify and provides for the individual patient, family, and physicians needs exceeding their expectations, and employing appropriate customer relations.
Knows follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission, and Vision of Ingalls Hospital.
Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care.
Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Required ICU Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) OR Associate's (ADN)
- Must hold a current RN Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or valid temporary permit to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
- Must hold a current Basic Life Support certification (Healthcare Provider Recognition).
- Must have acute care or related experience providing nursing care to patients within at least the last five years.
Preferred ICU Qualifications
- Completion of basic ECG class within one year of employment, successfully challenges basic ECG final examination if experienced in cardiac monitoring.
- Completion of critical care course within one year of employment or, current CCRN certification, or successfully challenges critical care exam if experienced in critical care.
- Completes advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) program within one year of employment and maintains certification.
- Completes code leader program within two years of employment.
- Completes Sheath removal class within two years of employment.
- Once ACLS has obtained completion of NIH Certification within one year.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (0.9) ; 12-hour shifts
- Shift: Nights
- Unit/Department: Intensive Care Unit
- CBA Code: NNU National Nurses United
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website