Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Private Duty Licensed Practical Nurse/ LPN with our Private Duty team.
The Private Duty Licensed Practical Nurse/ LPN Assists clients in meeting their psychosocial, safety, and physical needs by performing nursing procedures and judgment for which he or she has been educated and has provided proof and validation of necessary skills. The LPN assists with client needs according to the plan of care and observes and records pertinent data to the Clinical Supervisor. The LPN may "not" take physician orders by telephone when providing care in the client's home according to the Nurse Practice Act in the State of Illinois. Any need for physician contact should be related immediately to the clinical superior.
- Current state of Illinois practical nursing
- Current CPR
- One year of nursing experience
- Experience in home care or private duty is preferred and pediatric experience is a plus
- Verification to practice in any specialty areas is required such as pediatrics, Hi-tech (Ventilator), maternal/child, etc. Generally all certificates should be obtained from a National Credential body such as INS, ONS, etc. The Nurse Practice Act in the State of Illinois has very specific guidelines on the supervision and restrictions of Hi-Tech and other specialty areas of nursing
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency
- Job Type/FTE: PRN, 8 hour
- Shift: Nights
- Unit/Department: Private Duty
- CBA Code: Non Union
Apply on company website