Join Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Hospice Admissions Registered Nurse (RN) in the Hospice Department.
The Hospice Admissions Registered Nurse (RN) meets with patients and families to facilitate the hospice admission process.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice care needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates referral for patient/family hospice needs.
- Initiates the plan of care.
- Educates the patient and family (caregiver) in ways to achieve palliative goals.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient, family (caregiver) as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Documents the initial patient and family assessments and interventions.
- Identifies bereavement and discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary.
- Performs initial communication with the physician regarding the patient's needs.
- Actively participates with the Interdisciplinary Team to coordinate the care plan.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment, medication and other necessary items and services are available.
- Provides in-service education as requested.
- Customer/Referral Source Management: Primarily works with hospitals and other potential referral sources to develop and promote awareness of all hospice and home care services, discuss the agency's capabilities, and educate on the services provided by hospice and home care. Facilitates communication between the referral source and the hospice and/or home care office.
- Works closely with clinical staff to ensure that promised services are provided. In situations when they are not, provide assistance in service recovery efforts.
- Collaborate with the Intake Departments and clinical staff to manage referrals/admissions.
- Develops and/or assists in the preparation and maintenance of the referral source staff education and orientation plan.
- Communicates market information to the Administrator and others as needed.
- Adheres to a pre-authorized sales budget for promotional, lunches and other sales expenses.
- Prepares and gives presentations to physicians and other groups as needed.
- Commits to one hundred percent (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students, and co-workers.
- Participates in administrative on-call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state of Illinois nursing license as an RN.
- Current CPR certification required.
- One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
- Previous Hospice or Home Care experience preferred.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license and current automobile insurance and has the availability of personal and dependable mode(s) of transportation to conduct home visits.
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time
- Shift: Days (8 hour)
- Unit/Department: Hospice
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website