Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, as a Development Manager in the Development Foundation Department at our Harvey, Illinois location.
The Development Manager promotes efforts to build a culture of philanthropy within UChicago Medicine Ingalls by overseeing the execution of the annual development plan. The key function of the Development Manager is elevating levels of giving from external audiences.
In addition, the Development Manager is responsible for developing a grateful patient program, expanding the donor constituency and supporting overall fundraising and stewardship efforts. The Development Manager also directly supervises the Donation and Data Coordinator position.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for daily oversight of development plan including preparation and execution of a robust annual fund strategy. Provides direct supervision of Donor & Database coordinator.
- Develop with VP of Philanthropy, a grateful patient program by developing an engagement strategy among key hospital leaders, clinicians and stakeholders designed to surface individual prospective donors and build a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
- Support the Major Gift and Grant fundraising programs by assisting with strategic planning and proposal/application development. Regularly qualifies donors to identify those who should transition to a major giving portfolio.
- Support efforts to elevate giving and engagement among IDF board of directors by supporting VP, Philanthropy in annual goal-setting for the board, solicitation of board members and onboarding new members with emphasis on philanthropy.
- Support special projects and lead implementation of a robust stewardship program.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a related field of work.
- 3 – 5 years' experience in a not-for-profit development role preferably within the hospital/health sector, general philanthropy and/or managing philanthropic duties.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in the execution of a robust annual fund, including direct mail, in-kind donations, and online giving;
- Experience managing a successful grateful patient program;
- Experience working with donor database software, particularly Blackbaud products;
- Superior knowledge and command of Microsoft Office suite;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills; and
- The ability to work in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel & PowerPoint
Knowledge of fundraising best practices
Knowledge of Blackbaud donor database
- Job Type/FTE: 1.00
- Shift: Day (8.0 Hours)
- Unit/Department: Development Foundation
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website