Join a world-class academic healthcare system, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, as a Clinical Lab Associate (Phlebotomist) in the Lab Support Services department. As a Clinical Lab Associate you will be performing phlebotomy tasks, providing order entry, central processing, EKG's, performing laboratory testing, and will also be assisting with DOT's and BAT's as needed. When full competency at level 1 has been achieved, the person may be elevated to CLA level 2.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs assigned supportive work in conjunction with the delivery of patient care, involving multiple office, clerical, technical duties, venipuncture, blood specimen collection, obtain EKG, and functional skills.
- Interacts, intervenes, and problem solves to ensure exceptional customer service by greeting patients, responding to telephone inquiries, phones/faxes/distributes test results.
- Processes human specimens for delivery to specific laboratory departments for testing.
- Performs technical procedures, for which training has been given and competency demonstrated.
- Utilizes interactive processes which will contribute to exceeding the expectation of patients, physicians, families or significant others in the provision of high quality, cost effective care and treatments.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies.
- Various degrees of unpredictability can occur from day to day which will require the individual to adapt by adjusting as required in work schedules and assignments.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the HIS and LIS systems, and progress to functional capabilities with the hospital billing computer systems.
- Will be required to learn to run lab testing.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed accredited phlebotomy course or program
- AHA CPR Certification
Successful completion of accredited phlebotomy program or certification by:
- ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists)
- AMT (American Medical Technologist)
- NCCLS (National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards)
- NPA (National Phlebotomy Association)
- ASCLS (American Society for Clinical Laboratory Scientists)
- NCA (National Certifying Agency)
- NHA (National Healthcare Association)
- Job Type/FTE: Part-Time (.5 PTE)
- Shift: Days - 8 hour shifts
- Unit/Department: Lab Support Services
- CBA Code: SEIU
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website