Service and Repair Technician-level III (3 openings)
3 positions located in Oakdale MN. 100% onsite job openings.
Performs electrical and mechanical repairs via testing, calibrating and troubleshooting medical devices, while working from product knowledge, product and performance specifications, work instructions and verbal instructions. Performs complaint investigations and may provide customer phone support. Meets established productivity and quality standards. Completes work and required documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Prioritizes and performs all work in the best interest of the customer and the business unit. Follows safety procedures and utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and leads by example. Contributes to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit. Assists with training of department employees and/or contract technicians. Contributes to department goals and objectives. May perform project work including specialized testing, test fixture design and building, and equipment maintenance. Provides guidance for and mentors other repair technicians regarding troubleshooting techniques and repair following established procedures. May provide feedback to engineering personnel regarding identified trends or unique investigation findings.
Troubleshoots, calibrates, tests and performs routine and complex repairs on returned medical devices.
Replaces or repairs required components.
Labels, programs, and performs functional tests and final inspection of devices.
Enter results of investigation into the complaints database and repair into service database as designated.
May maintain test equipment and fixtures per a preventive maintenance schedule.
Completes work, and required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
May perform packaging of devices.
Participate in and/or lead special projects.
Meets established productivity and quality standards.
Uses various test equipment and techniques to troubleshoot and determine root causes of returned medical devices.
Performs complaint investigations.
Provides technical investigation finding feedback.
May provide technical support to customers via phone, teleconference or in form of written communication.
Provides information and training to other technicians when changes occur in processes.
Mentors and trains technicians on troubleshooting and repairs.
Performs Field Service actions as required.
Performs training for customers or external vendors both in the field and at Smiths Medical facilities as required or by request.
May evaluate and test new products and provide feedback to product development team.
Identifies the impact of process changes on business unit.
May evaluate and analyze data and report findings.
Provides input for process review.
May provide back-up support for area lead for daily activities.
Ability to understand and present area metrics.
This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, SKILL AND/OR COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
University Degree (BA degree) required
Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Associates degree preferred.
• Preferred 5 years experience as a medical device technician.
• Troubleshooting skills to diagnosis and resolve problems for returned devices.
• Knowledge of Smiths Medical devices and differences between models.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to participate and work cooperatively
• Ability to use testing equipment per procedure.
• Ability to diagnose problems when repairing and investigating medical devices; ability to minimize potential for creating additional problems when performing repair.
• Ability to attend to detail when performing work tasks.
• Ability to recognize and locate previous repair history of returned medical devices, along with analyzing the data.
• Knowledge of Service and Repair applications.
• Ability to provide training and technical guidance to other technicians as well as customers or vendors.
• Ability to communicate with customers to troubleshoot problems and provide technical assistance.
• Comprehensive medical device knowledge.
• Considerable judgement required in performing highly technical, complex tasks.
• Ability to identify impact of proposed changes.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems
Impact and Scope
• Potential errors include inadequate service and repair resulting in customer complaints.
• Responsibilities have direct impact on the safety and efficacy of devices used on patients.
Key Internal and External Relationships
• Works with various functions within the plant, the service organization and Operations.
• Key customer relationships may exist.
Planning and Decision Making
• Direction covers a significant block of work (several days) and sometimes is stated in terms of general goals or objectives.
• Direction is given through verbal or written instructions.
• Repairs and investigations performed per procedures, judgement may be required when responding to customer inquiries or concerns.
• Independently determines most effective and efficient method to perform work tasks , within the confines of the release procedures
• Limited planning for field service activities and scheduling of such activities as needed.
Apply on company website