DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Come join us at Henrico Doctors Hospital! The Forest Campus is a 340-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA that is part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
The Henrico Doctors' Hospital Respiratory Therapy Department provides patient care for all patient populations including adult, neonatal and pediatric. In addition, to being designated as a Level II trauma center, our staff covers all of the patient care areas including, general floors, surgical, cardiac, level III Neonatal, and pediatric ICU, ED, Labor & Delivery and outpatient testing (pulmonary function testing).
Are you a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least one year of critical care experience? Would you like to work for one of Richmond's preeminent facilities? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA's mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are a proactive, goal-oriented team player with the ability to work independently this Registered Respiratory Therapist position is perfect for you!
The duties and responsibilities of the Registered Respiratory Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
- Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
- Administers all therapy modalities to patients per physician orders.
- Performs airway clearance therapy, including VEST
- Performs basic operations on the Meditech system.
- Performs regular equipment rounds.
- Performs equipment cleaning and set up.
- Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-PAP therapy.
- Performs arterial puncture and blood gas analysis.
- Adheres to established blood gas quality control protocol.
- Performs trouble-shooting and maintenance of Blood Gas Machine.
- Responds and participates in all Rapid Response situations.
- Responds and participates in all code blue situations.
- Responds and participates in all trauma activations.
- Sets up and monitors NIPPV (non-invasive positive pressure ventilation) through both Bi-Level and Volume ventilation.
- Initiates, operates and monitors Adult mechanical ventilators.
- Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies.
- Initiates, operates and monitors Nitric Oxide therapy.
- Initiates, operates and monitors Heliox therapy.
- Precepts new employees or staff members entering into a new area of training.
- Performs bedside spirometry.
- Assists in intubations as needed.
- Performs EKG testing
HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
- High School Graduate (required)
- Graduate of a COARC approved Registered Respiratory Therapy Program (required)
- One-year experience in a hospital setting. (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in basic floor care, noninvasive and mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, capnography and oximetry equipment.
- Current Virginia Licensed Respiratory Therapist (required)
- NBRC credentials for Registered Respiratory Therapist (required)
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider (required)
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider (required)
- NBRC subspecialty credential - Adult Critical Care Specialty (preferred)
- CPFT or RPFT (PFT lab only) (preferred)
- Active member of the American Association for Respiratory Care (preferred)
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website