SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Come join us at Henrico Doctors Hospital! The Forest Campus is a 340-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA that's part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services Henrico Doctors Hospital specializes in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia. Are you ready to take your imaging career to the next level? Would you like to work for one of Richmond's preeminent facilities? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA's mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are a proactive, goal oriented team player in search of extra shifts or a flexible schedule this Radiologic Technologist PRN position is perfect for you!
The duties and responsibilities of the Radiologic Technologist PRN include, but are not limited to:
- Obtains quality radiographs of patients within the department as well as with portable equipment in an acceptable timeframe.
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines for patient and self. Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment. Operates radiographic equipment safely and competently.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations (i.e. Meditech and PACS). Ensure proper charges are entered and referring physician's orders are verified.
- Prepares examination rooms for radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures. Monitors inventory of supplies during room rotation. Maintain room cleanliness and neat appearance of work areas and dressing rooms.
- Assists the radiologist in administering medications, contrast agents and all types of care to the patient.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy (i.e. markers on images, technical quality, anatomical positioning, annotation, etc.) and completes verification process in PACS.
- Assists Diagnostic Supervisor with PACS clean up. i.e.: Clean CR plates, erase cassettes, close and send exams from workstations, etc.
- Completes and maintains personal educational requirements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to Policy and Procedure.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (required) Required: American Registry of Radiologic Technology (within 6 months of hire) Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider Preferred: Society of Radiologic Technology Preferred: Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: One-year as a staff technologist
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website