DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment as a Pharmacy Operations Manager where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Henrico Doctors' Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Operations Manager like you to be a part of our team.
The Pharmacy Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Pharmacy in managing pharmacy operations. This includes implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, supervision and training of staff, inventory management, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of pharmacy operations that promote desirable patient outcomes and exceptional patient experiences through safe, accurate, timely, and cost-effective drug therapies.
- Collaborates with the Pharmacy Director to establish departmental goals and objectives and is responsible for implementation and monitoring.
- Supervises the sterile and non-sterile compounding, dispensing, ordering, inventory and proper storage of all pharmaceuticals and supplies. Monitors and manages controlled substance inventory.
- Supports and participates in achieving the goals of the organization's environment of care, quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, and emergency preparedness programs.
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of medication events and identifying departmental opportunities for increased workflow efficiency and enhanced medication safety. Implements pharmacy process changes and quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives aimed at achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Responsible for the development, review, and enforcement of pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Manages and coordinates pharmacy staff scheduling.
- Develops and actively participates in onboarding and training programs for pharmacists, pharmacy residents, pharmacy technicians, and students. Serves as a primary preceptor for pharmacy residents, interns and students. Responsible for assessment of participants in these programs.
- Develops and documents staff competency on an ongoing basis. Develops and executes improvement plans when deficiencies in competencies are identified.
- Participates in recruitment and interviewing processes for new hires.
- Monitors, documents, and administers staff performance evaluations.
- Maintains appropriate controlled substance records. Works with the Pharmacy Director to identify and develop processes to meet or exceed all controlled substance diversion prevention and monitoring standards. Participates in controlled substance reviews and audits.
- Provides oversight, quality control and maintenance of pharmacy systems involving compounding formulas, medication labeling, and pharmacy automation.
- Performs the duties of a distributive and/or clinical pharmacist as needed and other duties as assigned.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including surgical care, perinatal care, prematurity and pulmonary care.
- Recognized as Best Hospital in the Region in 3 Types of Care
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Colon Cancer Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
Bachelor's or Doctorate degree from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy
Licensed Pharmacist through the Virginia Board of Health Professions
Minimum of five (5) years of hospital pharmacy experience as well as three (3) years of pharmacy management experience
Previous hospital pharmacy management experience preferred
- Full Time Day Shift
- Salaried (exempt from overtime) Position
- 40(+) hours per week
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Operations Manager opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website