SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Lab Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Henrico Doctors' Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees to include medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Lab Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
- You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including surgical care, perinatal care, prematurity and pulmonary care.
- Recognized as Best Hospital in the Region in 3 Types of Care
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Colon Cancer Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
Associate's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field. Nursing Degree will be considered with the required CLIA acceptable courses
MLT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire
ASCP or equivalent is preferred
- PRN to include weekend and holiday requirements
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website