Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Short Stay Unit Registered Nurse RN you can be a part of change.Benefits
Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Short Stay Unit Registered Nurse RN. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Your Primary function in this role is to instruct and educate patients and their family members.
- As a member of SSU you will administer all prescribed medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs.
- Our nursing team monitors, records and communicates patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- You will serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, including patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- This position is a Monday - Thursday position (no weekends!)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Licensed a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginiaor has a Compact license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women's health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Short Stay Unit Registered Nurse RN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website