Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Application Engineer II opening with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Application Engineer II for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
Primary Purpose of the job The SQL Application Engineer supports the design, development, testing and deployment of system integrations, system solutions and database interfaces for the Healthtrust Workforce Solutions (HWS) systems, external HCA Facilities (HCA), Non-HCA clients and HWS Subcontractor Vendor systems. The SQL Application Engineer will assist in creating solution efficiencies and automation through MS SQL development and ongoing support maintenance of current integrations and interfaces to the core system applications that support mission critical internal and client applications. This person will demonstrate a deep understanding of relational databases, complex SQL queries, stored procedures, query tuning, Microsoft SSIS and Microsoft SSRS. The SQL Application Engineer will participate in code peer review and guidance on technical and architectural directions with Senior Application Engineers to standardize database development solutions. Applies business strategy through information technology integration architecture and solutions. Participates in the implementation of the technology roadmap as defined by the business and director through the use of current and future technical development and solutions. Participates in maintenance of existing architected solutions and development of future architectures and evolution to support the expanding business. The position requires the ability to analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement database solutions with moderate supervision. The SQL Application Engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines.
- 30% Production Application Support of current database integrations
- 20% Design, Development, testing and deployment of new integrations and client implementations into the HWS Subcontractor Vendor System
- 10% Collaborate with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on integration and implementation project requirements.
- 10% Enhancement development of current integrations, processes and solutions currently deployed into production system.
- 10% Participate in regularly scheduled peer code reviews, team stand ups and one on ones
- 10% Establishing and responding to system generated alerts
- 5% Documentation of new development items, deployed solutions, enhancement releases or new implementations for team repository
- 5% Provide accurate and thorough estimates of work effort as well as work completed in teams KanBan tool.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3 or more years Required
- 3+ years of database design and programming experience required.
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Server experience required.
- T-SQL (SQL Server 200x) experience required
- Experience in developing and deploying SSIS packages required
- Database troubleshooting (Stored Procs, Views, Scheduled Jobs, Query Tuning) required
- Application support experience preferred.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with staff and information technology personnel verbally and in writing required
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation required
- Lean or Agile experience preferred.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Light travel will be required
- Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload and project deliverables.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Application Engineer II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website