Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Chief Information Officer Healthtrust today with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Chief Information Officer Healthtrust. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
HCA Healthcare ITG
WHO WE ARE:
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, an affiliate of HealthTrust and a wholly-owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, delivers proven workforce strategies at hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide–aimed at improving employee satisfaction, patient satisfaction and workforce efficiencies.
We are a trusted advisor on enterprise-wide workforce strategies and assessments; the nation's largest provider of healthcare managed staffing program solutions managing nearly $2 billion in annual spend; the largest provider of per diem healthcare staffing, and a top ten provider of clinical and non-clinical healthcare staffing and recruiting services; as well as an innovator in educational services designed to bridge the nursing shortage gap.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is accountable for directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise and for all Information Technology functions for HealthTrust Workforce Solutions. Including application development and support, software and solution implementations, data centers, service desks, communication networks (voice, data, and media), equipment procurement and configuration, and information security and disaster recovery plans. He or she is responsible for the following:
Maintaining the integrity of all electronic records of the enterprise.
Reviewing all computerized systems; information processing equipment and software; storage and retrieval; and definition of the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems.
Provide overall management and technical direction of all computer and communication activities within the enterprise including emerging information technologies to be integrated within the current technology infrastructure.
Act in a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology functions as well as providing direction as the enterprise grows through internal growth and external acquisition.
Interact with the executive management team to monitor and validate the enterprise's compliance with its security policies, which includes but is not limited to Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
Partner with executive management to define strategic plans and implement the objectives prioritized by the leadership team as well as advise senior management on technology in support of business goals and objectives
- Support and advise the President and CEO in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and strategic vision.
- Identify changes and trends in computer and systems technology and interprets their meaning to senior management.
- Participate in overall business planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the organization's competitive position.
- Determine long-term organization-wide information needs and develops overall strategy for information needs, systems development, and hardware acquisition.
- Act to ensure integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Act as the highest interface with non-technical user functions in determining overall information systems approach.
- Manage vendors who supply and support software applications to ensure quality delivery to HWS.
- Direct and coordinate information systems planning and functions, including all phases of systems design, development, installation, and operations.
- Review and evaluate project feasibility based on management's requirements and priorities and implements the installation and operation of information systems and equipment.
- Oversee application development governance and ensures proper business visibility and effective prioritization of programming effort.
- Accountable for successful implementations of HWS software offerings including, but not limited to vendor management systems (VMS)
- Develop, coordinate, guide and execute IT systems strategic and operational plans, participating proactively with the executive leadership and management teams to optimize use of information technology in support of the corporate ITG mission and business strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate ITG initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate organizational structure and staffing capable of supporting the business and operational needs including application development and support, software implementation, and infrastructure maintenance
- Oversee and provide accountability for ensuring efficacy of the IT environments supporting all solutions and systems. Ensures environments are stable, efficient, and compliant with HCA standards. Ensures all these environments operate according to negotiated and established service levels and in accordance with enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Foster utilization of HCA standard solutions and ensures that HWS solutions and initiatives are not in conflict with HCA enterprise solutions, processes, standards and policies.
- Develop and maintain annual operating and capital budgets for operations. Monitors IT activities and costs related to the utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operational requirements, while ensuring that the technology environment is continually refreshed and capable of supporting the business and health care operations.
- Communicate IT plans, policies, and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Recruit, develop, and retain management staff.
- Ensure appropriate training and development programs are utilized to attract, retain, and develop personnel required to support information services.
- Ensure that information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements. Enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information. Develops and maintains a division wide business and disaster recovery plan.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices, and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions within corporate policies and standards.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- College Degree – Required
- Graduate Degree - Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software development, technology, and implementation
- 7-10 years senior leadership experience required, preferably within the human resources, workforce management, staffing, recruiting, and/or MSP industries.
HCA Healthcare's Information Technology Group (ITG) delivers healthcare IT products and services to HCA Healthcare's portfolio of business and partners, including Parallon, HealthTrust and Sarah Cannon.
For decades, ITG has been a pioneer in the industry, leading the transformation of healthcare into a new era of quality and connectivity. ITG relies on the breadth of the organization and depth of technical expertise to advance and enhance today's healthcare and to enable our physicians and clinicians to provide world-class, innovative care for patients.
ITG employees rally around the noble cause of transforming healthcare through technology and find inspiration in the meaningful work they do—creating a culture that follows our mission statement which begins by saying “above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
If you want a career in technology and have a heart for healthcare, apply your expertise to a mission that matters.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Chief Information Officer Healthtrust opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website