DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about financial reporting that enable hospitals to be profitable and continue delivering best in class services to the end patient? At HealthTrust, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthTrust, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Director Financial Reporting like you to be a part of our team.
This Senior Director of Financial Reporting position is responsible for assisting in the development and evolution of the overall strategy for HealthTrust's operations in this critical area of finance. This includes assisting in the preparation and reporting of financial information which leads to measurement of and execution against operational standards and expectations. The Senior Director of Financial Reporting will also assist key Senior Executive team members and the Finance Team with processes and controls including month-end close, financial ad hoc analysis, stat reporting and additional tasks. This position will work closely with the HealthTrust Chief Financial Officer, Controller, and other key strategic business units within the organization.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Strategically directs financial reporting activities of the financial personnel within the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and related subsidiaries
- Guarantees accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all financial reports and records
- Provides financial insight and input to the GPO's strategic initiatives
- Directs preparation of short and long range budgets, strategic plans, and monthly financial/operational reporting for all business units listed above
- Directs staff in all financial reporting and accounting responsibilities according to company policy
- Prepares detailed monthly budget variance reports to management in the review of operational performance and cost allocations
- Continue to enhance business intelligence by utilizing new enterprise tools for creating reporting and analytics that meet internal and customer needs
- Create, monitor and maintain key operational performance measures
- Work with appropriate leadership teams to understand, develop, and communicate operational and expense data requests/reports
- Interpret and present data for decision-making needs
- Recommend to leadership areas of improvement and assist in driving results
- Completes and/or reviews financial justifications for operational business cases
- Understanding of methodologies for performing financial and opportunity analysis of proposals
- Provides assistance to all management staff related to the performance of financial management matters
- Interacts daily with both internal and external individuals as a first line responder to customer requests for custom reports, report enhancements, or data interpretation
- Complete and review month end processes for applicable ledgers, including but not limited to, journal entry review and/or account reconciliations
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates and invoicing for external customers
- Assists in the Finance Department operational process decisions and any automation for HealthTrust
- Design and standardize reporting related to various operational metrics and financial information
- Leads audit activities including the creation of audit reports and coordinates responses for activities performed by internal and external auditors
- Evolve process flows and policies and procedures for the organization's Finance operations
- Maintains current knowledge of accounting and regulatory requirements related to Healthcare Institutions and Group Purchasing Organizations
- Design and maintain policies and procedures (internal controls) to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/disposals
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Minimum 8-10 years accounting/auditing/management experience
- Experience in public accounting and/or financial auditing preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
HealthTrust is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. With corporate headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, we serve over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 43,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
Our organization operates as a limited partnership with HCA Healthcare as the managing general partner. HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising 185 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. HealthTrust serves as the shared services supply chain organization for HCA Healthcare.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Senior Director Financial Reporting opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website