DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you an experienced Category Manager with expertise in Medical products that help healthcare professionals provide top quality care to patients? Come join HealthTrust as a Director, Category Management for our ROi/Regard portfolio of products!
HealthTrust, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
At HealthTrust, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients' lives. We are looking for an experienced Category Director to be a part of our winning team.
The Director, Category Management has direct P & L responsibility for the overall strategy of the ROi/Regard® portfolio. The Category Director manages category managers and works with a peer group comprised of regulatory, finance, clinical and sales to determine the optimal portfolio offering considering sales trends, customer needs, market conditions and competitive offerings. He/She is responsible to further define and own ROi/Regard's brand equity campaign through the creation of effective promotional materials, as well as, to ensure a successful launch or market exit of targeted categories. The Category Director is also a critical voice into the strategic direction of sourcing strategies supporting affiliated companies and the parent company, HealthTrust. The individual must be capable of effectively managing through complex issues to a successful outcome and willing to contribute at both a strategic and tactical level.
This is an opportunity to form the future of a growing brand, in a start-up environment, backed by nationally recognized healthcare systems. The Category Director needs to be a solid leader, able to maintain composure and lead through complex issues that come up in a start-up environment while supporting the mission to ensure critical supplies are made available to our healthcare customers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Director, Category Management:
- Has a deep knowledge and/or quickly learns the portfolio, including but not limited to, product function, use, specifications, pricing and competitive landscape.
- Accountable for strategy of the portfolio and leads team through decisions that ensure our customers have appropriate products for use, delivered on time and in adequate supply.
- Oversees the pricing strategy across the portfolio and is accountable for the P & L.
- Develops and/or maintains crucial relationships with suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Understands, assesses and manages supplier capabilities, market intelligence, and supply risks to define/improve ROi's supply network at a local, regional and global level.
- Directly or indirectly, negotiates, operationalizes and supports supply contracts, including but not limited to, existing and new contracts, as well as, product additions/changes.
- Defines, tracks and manages performance indicators related to supplier and portfolio performance.
- Ensures appropriate business controls are in place to reduce risk and protect the company while ensuring the integrity of a competitive sourcing environment is maintained and all sourcing activities are conducted in a fair and ethical manner.
- Represents the portfolio to internal and external stakeholders.
- Champion process-improvements, possessing the foresight to know when needed, the expert knowledge on methodologies to drive improvement and acumen to execute.
- Advances the brand equity agenda through sound go-to-market strategies, in cooperation with sales, marketing and operations.
- Owns the department's performance against goals and opportunities for improvement.
- Addresses and resolves escalated issues.
QualificationsRequirements for the Director, Category Management:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, finance, business or engineering. MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant category management, supply chain and/or sourcing management with a minimum of 5 years directly managing a team.
- Experience within medical products industry in an international environment preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as needed.
- Leadership, excellent communication skills, people management, negotiation, sourcing and analytical thinking skills are critical for this position.
HealthTrust strengthens provider performance and supports clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. With headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, we serve over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 43,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
We operate as a limited partnership with HCA Healthcare as the managing general partner. Our membership roster is split equally between for-profit and not for profit hospitals across the U.S. and the U.K.
As a HealthTrust associate, you will join the HCA Healthcare family 270,000+ strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for this opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website