DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HealthTrust is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites
The AVP IT Sourcing Solutions plays a hands-on role in development of HealthTrust's business platforms that support the core business of contracting and sourcing supplies and services on behalf of our membership. This position leads the software engineering teams in architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining cutting-edge software applications.
The successful candidate will gain a deep understanding of our data and its meaning in order to abstract away the technology and produce insightful information. The pursuit of insight, answers and ultimately the solution to a problem is more important to this person than the means, methods, or technologies used to deliver the information.
SUPERVISOR – Chief Product Officer
SUPERVISES – Directors, Managers, Software Engineers, QA Automation Engineers, QA Analysts, Software Team Leads
The AVP IT Sourcing Solutions is responsible for all the software development within the Sourcing Solutions organization. They lead the software development teams to produce thoughtful, efficient, high quality code. The position handles interviewing and hiring for their teams. They must be familiar with a variety of the organization's concepts, practices, and procedures. They will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals related to system architecture, design, development, and maintenance.
We expect this leader to act as a subject matter expert while leading discussions specific to software and database architecture, design, development practices, and maintenance. The role will act as a primary resource to the operational senior management in all matters concerning current systems and future technology resources. They play a strategic role in identifying technology direction that would enable the business to more effectively achieve business goals.
DUTIES (included but not limited to) –
- Lead software development teams.
- Interviewing, hiring, and mentoring staff
- Provide support to development engineers, QA personnel, product management.
- Present information on projects, initiatives or other subjects to staff and senior management.
- Strategic planning for feature and application growth.
- Play active role in evaluating and planning solutions for future business problems.
- Support and provide input for feature definition and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES –
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven record of Innovation, Leadership, Communications, Customer Focus and Quality
- A high-level of self-motivation and ability to lead independently with minimal guidance
- Thrive on technical challenges and take pride in finding elegant, sustainable solutions; constantly thinking of ways to improve our productivity, reliability, and code base.
- Strong development skills with Vuejs/Angular, .NET & .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience deploying third party solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Solid expertise in developing high-available and scalable cloud-based applications.
- Should have exposure in developing analytic applications and/or reporting tools.
- Familiarity with all phases of product development lifecycle, including prototyping, development, test, product release and sustaining engineering.
- Familiarity with source code control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies as well as software planning and estimation techniques is highly desirable.
- Mobile application development experience (iOS, Android, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with HL7 or other healthcare integration is a plus.
- Research and analytics experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering discipline required
- 15 year's relevant work experience
As provider cost pressures continue to intensify, it's more critical than ever to lower expenses and improve outcomes. That's why more than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to realize the value of the industry's only truly committed and aligned group purchasing model. The result? Savings superior to any other purchasing alliance by double digits.
Built on our superior operator heritage, HealthTrust also offers a comprehensive set of advisory services to help healthcare providers make the most of our supply chain, workforce and clinical integration capabilities. That heritage is shared with our sister company, Parallon. Parallon brings decades of experience optimizing the financial health of its clients by addressing complex challenges spanning the revenue cycle.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website