At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation to our success. We enable employees to craft their career with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose driven company who is invested in your future!Job Summary **This ten-week paid internship can be located in Chicago, IL or Richardson, TX**
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for applying emerging technologies to develop sophisticated database solutions. Working closely with business and technical areas. Analyzing and defining requirements associated with operational efficiency within Customer Service and translating them into functional design documents. Designing, testing, and implementing technical production Automation solutions to achieve business objectives by utilizing, Visual Basic, C# and SQL, or any other industry approved software and providing Customer Service support on internally developed applications and processes.
• Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
• Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned
• responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
• Create a final internship PowerPoint presentation to share with department leadership covering the internship experience, the assigned project over the course of the summer, including the results along with any solutions or recommendations that can be leveraged by the department in the future.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge or experience in Visual Basic, C# and SQL
• Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, and Access
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
• Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or other related degrees.
• Graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
• A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
• Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (currently, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT and are not sponsoring work visas for this role)
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
• Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
• Challenging real-world hands-on project
• Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
• Professional development workshops
• Business Resource Group involvement
• Volunteer activities
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don't think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven't even thought of yet.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website