Why Start your Career at HCSC / Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
** This position can be located in Chicago or Richardson. **
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for actively participating in a rotational program that leverages your skills and capabilities within the Cyber Defense and Investigations function; exposing you to different methodologies and product lines in each rotation, with the possibility to even move across functions; expecting four or five rotations, each of which should last a few months (typically 3-6 months each).
This role provides exposure to security monitoring, security analysis, security response and associated functions to provide a complete overview of Cyber Defense capabilities.
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management or a related major.
* Graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Virtual Team Collaboration Tools
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication
* Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
* Knowledge of or exposure to PowerShell or Python script creation is a plus
* Familiarity with Linux and other open source tooling is a plus
* Prior related internship experience is a plus
* Involvement with National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition or other CTF events is a plus
* Health Insurance experience or knowledge is a plus
* Demonstrates eagerness to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve customers' needs effectively. Has the desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
* Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
* Challenging real-world hands on projects
* Quarterly networking opportunities and professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
* Business Resource Group involvement
* Volunteer activities
* Mentorship opportunities
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website