DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as an Ultrasound Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare. We have seven hospitals in the Kansas City Area including Research Medical Center, Lee's Summit Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center, Belton Regional Medical Center, Lafayette Regional Health Center, Overland Park Regional Medical Center and Menorah Medical Center.
We currently have a $15,000 Sign-on Bonus available for qualified candidates! Apply Now!
At HCA, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Ultrasound Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Under limited supervision but the direction of the Radiologist, the Ultrasound Technologist completes sonography procedures including routine sonograms as well as interventional sonograms including biopsies.
About this unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
- By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
- Participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities.
- Work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Sonographers work in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology and/or School of Sonography.
- Two-year program or four year BA program in Radiology Technology followed by training in sonography or completion of requirements from an accredited school in sonography including meeting all clinical requirements.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required with at least the RVT (Vascular) registration or registry eligible and obtaining ARMDS within 9 months of hire.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- As department becomes ACR accredited may be required to obtain specific certifications such as breast sonography.
- Minimum of one-year hospital department experience in medical sonography to include biopsies.
- Able to accurately complete sonography examinations as ordered by referring physicians.
- Experience with radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Able to correctly and safely operate sonographic equipment and perform invasive procedures following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax, pagers).
- Able to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel.
- Able to handle periods of intensity with calm.
- Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required sonographic duties regardless of the patient's condition.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website