DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician II to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West – Houston, TX
Pharmacy Tech Supervisor
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
· Under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager, oversee operations and coordinate workflow of the pharmacy department
· Ensures adherence to all Board of Pharmacy, JCAHO, CMS and FDA standards
· Perform all pharmacy technician duties as needed
· Sets the expectation for Leadership to include extra shifts on supervisors request for scheduled overtime
· Assist in scheduling and evaluation of pharmacy technicians
· Ensure appropriate staffing during call-ins, inclement weather, or periods of increased workload
· Assist in interviewing and hiring of pharmacy employees
· Conduct pharmacy orientation and training program to pharmacy staff
· Prepare monthly pharmacy Key Performance Indicator report
· Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed by pharmacy staff
· Assist inventory analyst on inventory control and management activities
· Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers and team members
· Ensure that all packaging equipment and automation is properly maintained
· Monitor all quality assurance processes for pharmacy
· Assist management with preparation and implementation of department policies and procedures
· Ensure pharmacy operations meet all facility pharmacy mandated timeframes and deadlines
· Maintain employee files according to HR and regulatory standards
· Ensure all regulatory requirements and inspections are completed as needed
· Track and trend all customer service issues related to operations
· Provide or coordinate any education needed by pharmacy staff
· Conduct regular meetings of pharmacy staff
· Assist in preparation and implementation of pharmacy staff competencies
· Assess and change operations as needed to meet the needs of the facility pharmacies
· Assist Manager in retrieval of accurate, concise and applicable data to support creation of monthly reports and determine allocation
· Perform other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Operations Manager
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician program certificate preferred
- CPhT National Certification preferred
- Current Registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy required
- Holds a current PTCB Certificate.
- ACPE Certification in sterile products is required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website