DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland – Pearland, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland which offers 33 licensed beds and shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Woman's Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Clear Lake.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in the role?
• Possesses an understanding of aseptic technique and applies the knowledge in assuring maintenance of a sterile field and in assisting in a procedure or prepping a patient for surgery.
• Possesses and demonstrates knowledge of which areas need to be prepped for the different kinds of procedure.
• Assesses the patient prior to surgery and establishes that the patient understands the procedure being done and that a “timeout” be done prior to any procedure with the rest of the perioperative team.
• Maintains patient safety by applying a safety strap to prevent falls and by proper labeling and administering medications in the Operating Room and Endo Suite
• Understands the use of electrocautery in the O.R and Endo suite, and maintains patient safety when using this device.
• Possesses and demonstrates knowledge of the different positioning techniques for different procedures and maintaining proper patient body alignment.
• Uses critical thinking skills to prioritize patient care.
• Uses a team approach in maintaining patient care. Effectively communicates with the other members of the perioperative team and other departments involved with the care of the patient.
• Understands the use of radiation and lasers in the Operating Room Endo suite, and applying patient safety protocols when such equipment is in use.
• Demonstrates understanding of collecting, documenting, and delivering surgical specimens/cultures in the perioperative environment.
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. BSN is required.
What qualifications you will need:
• Current TX RN licensure required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support course (ALS or ACLS) and certification is required.
• 2 years of experience in the Operating Room is required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website