DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, partially physician owned, has been dedicated to providing expert, quality care since we first opened our doors in 1973. We comprehensively serve our community by employing expert physicians, specialists, nurses and support staff. Since our founding more than 45 years ago, we have grown into a major healthcare provider for North Houston and are proudly part of Houston's largest healthcare system, HCA Houston Healthcare.
As we have grown, so have our services. We are proud to offer excellent care in a full spectrum of medical specialties. Our hospital boasts:
- 49-bed emergency department with Level II Trauma capabilities
- The Bryan Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
- The Breast Center
- Laboratory testing
- Center for Digestive Medicine
- Designated Level III NICU
- Sleep center
- Sports medicine care
Our hospital also features an advanced imaging center, which assists nearly every specialty we provide. We are dedicated to improving the health of our community by delivering exceptional, personalized healthcare.
The Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) is a critical financial leadership pipeline role that serves as a direct tributary into the hospital Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role. This position manages the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure that it is providing effective and efficient service. This individual is responsible for oversight of the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly, quarterly and year end processes.
General Summary of Duties:
- Participates as a member of the Campus' Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission and/or strategic plan.
- Ensures the hospital meets regulatory and compliance needs.
- Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to hospital managers.
- Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office and Division meetings as deemed necessary
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities and committees such as SMAT and/or CVAC.
- Participates in the oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies.
- Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
- Oversight of nonfinancial department(s).
- Oversees the coordination and timely completion of month end close for the hospital and its related COID's
- Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
- Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting
- Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits
- Functions as Chief Staffing Officer (CSO) for the campus
- Responsible for building relationships with physicians
- Participates in facility's Clinical Excellence program
- Coordinates physician and vendor contracts with facility contracts manager
- Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing requirements
- Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures and CAM project(s).
- Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report work-papers
- Coordinates internal and external audits
- Coordinates Campus specific Financial Statements
- Ensures the hospital's internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed.
- Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
- Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or other related area required
- Master's degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of three years in finance/accounting or public accounting/audit experience
- Experience as a hospital Controller preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- CPA preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website