DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nurse Practitioner - Neurosurgery. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas Nurse Practitioner - Neurosurgery HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology. HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. What you will do in this role: Utilize the nursing process based on an expanded knowledge base of pathophysiology and pharmacology to provide comprehensive health assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals with potential or actual neurologic or neurospinal health needs. Clinical decisions are formulated in consultation and collaboration with attending physicians. The Neurologic Acute Nurse Practitioner is additionally involved in education, consultation, performance improvement and research.
- Dictates H&Ps and discharge summaries
- Establish medical diagnosis(s) and determine a plan of care for short term and chronic health problems.
- Order, obtain & interpret laboratory tests.
- Order and evaluate interpretation of diagnostic studies.
- Prescribe medications within the NANP's functions and in accordance with departmental & hospital policy.
- Perform therapeutic, corrective or cosmetic treatments & therapies according to approved protocols.
- In an emergent situation, provide care to stabilize the patient & prevent deterioration of patient's condition.
- Participate in research activities in compliance with IRB and regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Neuro/Neuro-spinal care path/guidelines, as well as participate in the variance capture and analysis in an effort to enhance quality, service and resource management.
- Organize process improvement and multidisciplinary clinical outcome activities utilizing advanced nursing expertise.
- Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating care delivery for the neurologic/Neuro-spinal patient in a variety of settings.
- Provide consultation and education to patients and families.
- Serve as a resource to nursing and clinical staff. Generate educational opportunities for staff development concerning current neurological/Neuro-spinal healthcare in informal and formal methods.
QualificationsQualifications you will need:
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Must have Advanced Nurse Practitioner License to practice in the State of Texas
- Must have certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in critical care nursing with a focus on Neurological/Neuro-Spinal patients
- A minimum of 2 years of Nurse Practitioner experience is preferred
- Must have BLS and ACLS - AHA
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website