DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation'
largest provider of healthcare services as a Manager (RN) CVICU
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is an 800-bed full-service hospital offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is looking for a Manager (RN) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
The 30-bed, ICU is a 24-hour provider of critical care services to adult and geriatric patient populations.What you wil do in this role
- Responsible for assisting, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients on the Intensive Care Unit
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Intensive Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Functions as charge nurse on assigned shifts.
- Communicates with Nurse Director, ANM, Supervisor, AOS and Case Manager regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences.
- Assist in ensuring supplies and equipment is available for use.
- Displays positive customer service behaviors.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Staff R.N. on the Intensive Care Unit.
- Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Intensive Care Services that guide and support the provision of services
- Assist in planning and implementing educational needs for the Intensive Care Nursing staff.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program on the Intensive Care Unit
- Provides direction and instruction to staff in organization and coordination of patient care
- Provides recommendations for space and other resources needed by the Intensive Care Unit
- Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or the organization.
- Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patient's/ family concerns including communication with administrator on site.
- Maintains TJCA standards and Patient Safety Goals. Stays up to date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
- Supports the mission, goals and objectives of the hospital.
- Responsible for the appropriate orientation and in-service training and continuing education of all personnel on the Intensive Care Unit.
- Responsible for ensuring Through Put Plan is followed continuously and reviewing for process improvement.
- Assists Director in reviewing eMar scanned reports.
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- B.S. Nursing Required
2-years' experience as a Critical Care staff Registered Nurse required.
2-years' management or Charge Nurse experience required.
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support course(ALS or BCLS) and certification required
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained.
- 5 hours of acute stroke education annually.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website