DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Flight (RN) Registered Nurse Pedi to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase and student loan repayment programs. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.The Woman's Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX Flight (RN) Registered Nurse
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, The Woman's Hospital of Texas offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for providing high quality pre-hospital advanced life support including assessment, triage, and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife Medical Director(s).
- The Flight Nurse be responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife assuring that safety remains the highest priority throughout the transport continuum.
- Functions as a medical flight member by attending pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completes necessary documentation. Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists pilot as requested, i.e., radio, navigational, and visual observation activities. Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment. Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed.
- Practices within his/her scope of practice as defined by the states regulating each base and HCA Houston Healthcare. Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences. Communicates educational needs to the Chief Flight Nurse.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures and taking initial steps to insure repair of equipment as directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard aircraft to deliver safe patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to insure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when transporting specialty patients by helicopter. Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife Medical Director(s).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including 24 hour shifts, overtime and an on-call rotation.
- BSN from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- BSN from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum three (3) years' recent critical care/emergency nursing experience within the last five (5) years or as required by state/local EMS regulations.
- Pre-hospital experience preferred.
- Previous flight experience preferred.
- Current RN licenses(s) for states of practice.
- EMS or MICN certification/licensure as required by state regulations.
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR; ACLS; PALS or equivalent and TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS advanced provider.
- Specialty certification: (CFRN, CCRN or CEN) required within two (2) years of hire.
- Advance trauma course: one (1) of the following is acceptable: ATLS/ATCN, TNATC or CAMTS-approved advanced trauma course prior to completion of third rider orientation. (Please note advanced skills lab must accompany all of the above mentioned advanced trauma courses).
- NRP certification prior to completion of third rider orientation.
- Annual EMTALA training
- NIMS Training IS 100, 200, 700, 800 and HazMat upon hire.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website