Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) LPN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Mercy Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) LPN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Tasks and responsibilities, you will:
- Obtain vital signs on patients (per unit policy and frequency) and report abnormal results to nurse co-assigned to patients.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, cleans wounds, answer call lights, and monitor vital signs.
- Perform safe patient handling that may include turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer, assistance walking, oxygen use, and suction use.
- Assist the RN collecting data from patients on admission, for patient processing ad discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, assisting with meal delivery when needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate or equivalent; Associates/Technical.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification through the American Heart Association
- 0-2 years of experience in Hospital or Nursing Home preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is a 488-bed facility. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and offer a wide range of medical specialties. These specialties include emergency care, heart, and vascular care. We are designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Other specialties include maternity and neonatal care. We are a Level II NICU hospital. HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is CARF accredited for inpatient rehabilitation. Our facility offers a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. This program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. We are affiliated with HCA Florida Healthcare Division. HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida. We serve as Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital. We follow the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. We are dedicated to our mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our LPN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website