DescriptionLicensed Practical Nurse - Emergency Room PRN 0.01 FTE Mercy Hospital
Miami, FL Facility Description
Since 1950 Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida. Licensed for 488-beds, Accredited by the Joint Commission, Mercy Hospital is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties to serve the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Services include emergency care, heart and vascular care, maternity and neonatal care (Level II NICU), as well as outpatient and CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation. Accessible by land, air and sea, Mercy is designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and the hospital's Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida, and affiliated with HCA Healthcare's East Florida Division. As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Since its inception, Mercy Hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.Job Summary A licensed practical nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of data collection, planning, implementation and evaluation, under the supervision of the registered nurse. In addition, the licensed practical nurse provides patient teaching while maintaining the standards of licensed practical nursing under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Two (2) years of related related LPN experience preferred.
Apply on company website