DescriptionRegistered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital
Since 1950 HCA Florida Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida. Licensed for 488-beds, Accredited by the Joint Commission, HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties to serve the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Services include emergency care, heart and vascular care, maternity and neonatal care (Level II NICU), as well as outpatient and CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation. Accessible by land, air and sea, Mercy is designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and the hospital's Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida, and affiliated with HCA Healthcare's East Florida Division. As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Since its inception, Mercy Hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Job Summary: Provides direct patient care to adult and geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with the physician continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness. Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiac Cath Lab team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- 3 years critical care Nursing experienced preferred.
Apply on company website