Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
Cath Lab Department
FT, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
***$15,000 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE***External candidates only.
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
Benefits: We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.Job Description:
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on assessment/reassessment findings for each patient.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient status and condition to those professionals directly involved in the patient's care.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of cardiac catheterization assessment and reassessment and implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the department and organizational standards and policies.
- Utilizes and integrates all available patient data in determining the proper completion of the patient's cardiac cath procedure.
- Interprets data to ascertain accuracy prior to distribution to physician for interpretation.
- Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physicians, department director, supervisor and/or appropriate agency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, cardiac disease and possible treatment (under guidance of physician) of the needs of the population served.
- Performs and documents cardiac catheterization procedures required by assignment consistent with Hospital and department policies and developmental needs.
- Evaluates and documents patient's response to the procedure performed and communicates difficulties experienced during the performance of the procedure to aid the physician in their diagnosis.
- Makes appropriate and timely referrals as patient needs are identified.
- Works collaboratively with other health care team members to insure patient care and to identify potential opportunities.
- Ensures correct contrast is utilized within policy guidelines and according to patient's history, weight, age and known allergies.
- Assists with patient transportation to ensure patient safety and reduce waiting time.
- Education in a school of Cardiovascular Technology
- Previous experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab required
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association) as a Healthcare Provider
Apply on company website