SIGN ON BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our PCU Team!
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Registered Nurse to join our Transitional Care team! If you are interested in being part of a growing hospital with a personal feel, with a team that values and encourages continuing education and leaders that are experienced and creative, then come join the best Transitional Care/ Stepdown team in the area!
As a progressive care unit (PCU) nurse, there are many specialty units you can choose from as your career progresses. Some of these include: ICU, Cardiovascular, Surgical, Oncology, Emergency Room.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital (HFFWDH) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.Benefits
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required at the time of hire
- ACLS and PALS within 90 days of hire required
- TNCC required within six (6) months of hire
- CPAN or ASPAN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience required
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed hospital. We are a top-performing quality hospital. We have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. We give advanced care to critically ill patients. We offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). We also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, our team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Telemetry PCU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website