Hawthorn Senior Living is a growing senior housing company, managing independent living and assisted living retirement communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our growth is accelerating and we have an immediate opportunity at our Vancouver home office for a Purchasing Director.
About Our Opportunity:
The Purchasing Director is responsible for developing and directing the purchase of quality products and services in a cost-effective manner and in the best interest of our residents, Hawthorn Senior Living, and our related business entities.
Why Hawthorn Senior Living:
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes generous paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits; as well as life insurance, a 401k plan with company match and an open and supportive team-based environment.
Key Job Functions:
· Assist with the negotiation of national and regional purchasing programs with lead department.
· Ability to source products and supplies through a variety of methods.
· Perform comparison of prices to determine most cost-effective purchase.
· Develop purchasing policies and procedures.
· Compare information to contracts and previous month's spend to verify for accuracy.
· Maintain vendor relationships and monitor them for compliance with Hawthorn product specifications, pricing, standards, order guides, and expectations.
· Resolve vendor grievances, and claims against vendors.
· Provide monthly vendor usage and exception reports.
· Analyze, identify, and implement cost reduction opportunities.
· Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
· At least 3 years of upper level experience in purchasing and vendor management
· Experience in multi-location/hospitality environment preferred
· Proven contract negotiation skills
· Analytical and capable of problem solving on own and with others
· Prior experience with bulk cable (including MDU), cellular phones, cable and satellite television vendors/contracts
· Prior experience with energy contracts
· Ability to monitor key spend and identify opportunities for cost reduction
· Ability to develop, communicate and execute sourcing strategies
· Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· Excel and MS Word proficiency
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Curtis.Brody@HawthornRet.com. Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at: http://www.seniorlivinginstyle.com/
We do pre-employment employment verifications and reference checks. Hawthorn Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Company Description At Hawthorn Senior Living, our caring concern for our residents is the foundation that leads to outstanding resident services. As contributing members of the communities we serve, what is most important is that we love our residents.We care about people and because our residents deserve the best, we are looking for employees who understand caring and compassionate customer service. Working in our retirement communities, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our seniors every day.
Apply on company website