The Store Operations Technical Writer supports compelling communication campaigns for Store Teams and Field Leadership. With expert written communication skills, this role creates copy for multiple audiences balancing our Retail branded voice with a clear, concise and easy-to-navigate approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create technical documentation, manuals, user guides and job aids for all Retail Store applications and processes.
• Build and maintain best practices for technical documentation, including tone, format and vocabulary.
• Participate in cross-functional initiatives that impact store processes. Act as a project team member/stakeholder, and support effective execution by creating clear and effective documentation.
• Collaborates with project leaders and other stakeholders to design and facilitate successful transitions from launch to implementation and support, including feedback loops from end users.
• Identify gaps and opportunities in existing communications and collaborate with business partners to find solutions
• Provide clear expectations to partners to ensure all documentation is accurate, clear, consistent and appropriate for the audience.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of Store processes and procedures. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the technology, process, and current operating environment
• Participate in application testing efforts during design, configuration and User-Acceptance testing, to ensure thorough and consistent documentation.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Written Communications: Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication formats. Crafts messages that achieve the desired result across diverse audiences and initiatives.
• Customer Focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers.
• Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems, systems or applications. Relentless and versatile in the pursuit of creative solutions. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of problems.
• Planning and Priority Setting: juggles multiple competing deadlines and objectives. Focused to ensure critical tasks are prioritized appropriately
• Dealing with Ambiguity: able to drive for results while managing changes in priorities/scope. Can quickly adapt to evolving business needs.
• Organizational Agility: understands the purpose and stakeholders of Harbor Freight practices, policies, procedures and systems.
Job Qualifications - Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or related areas, or equivalent experience • Excellent communication (written and verbal), editing and copyediting skills
• 4+ years of writing experience in the retail or hospitality industry
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis on Word Templates and Styles and Formatting)
• Instructional design experience a plus
Physical Requirements: General office environment, ability to:
• Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
• Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
• Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
• Lift up to 15 lbs
• Supervises Staff: None
• Travel: Up to 15%
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website