The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TA Specialist) is a collaborative team player who works closely with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers (Retail and Corporate) to source and recruit the best candidates for open positions. The TA Specialist is involved in key recruiting projects and initiatives which contribute to the continued growth of the organization. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, you will be a brand ambassador to both candidates and Harbor Freight Tools associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide recruiting administration and coordination support to Talent Acquisition team
- Provides sourcing and networking strategies to all hiring managers
- Effectively open and post new requisitions to company and external job boards
- Schedule interviews with internal team and travel for candidates
- Greet and escort all incoming candidates for interviews
- Process and review background checks, employment authorization and offer letters.
- Maintain daily and weekly reports on recruitment activities
- Provide phone and email support to prospective associates and hiring managers
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers internally and externally
- Process and review background checks, employment authorization and offer letters
- Deliver consistent results of TA processes, policy and procedures and maintain accurate records
- Execute the new store opening process and/or help others when needed
- Act as a company ambassador and advocate, with potential candidates and associates
- Drive continuous process improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment
- Participate in cross functional project on the Talent Acquisition, Human resources and HFT teams
- Promote HFT as the employer of choice to all potential candidates by providing information regarding the company culture, benefits and opportunity
- Other duties as business dictate
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in United States
- Bachelors degree preferred, not required
- 1-3 years experience in recruiting, human resources or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with job postings, social media, applicant tracking systems and other recruiting tools
- Detail oriented, analytical and a self-starter
- Ability to support multiple people on a team
- Strong teamwork skills with track record of collaboration, accountability and proactively anticipating the needs of the team and the business
- Self-starter and able to motivate others
- Ability and desire to be cross functional team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
General office environment requiring ability to:
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website