The Software Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring that internally developed or purchased Ecommerce solutions are developed, tested and implemented in a consistent manner while meeting established quality targets. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst requires working throughout multiple levels of the organization, and working closely with business sponsors, business analysts and Information Technology subject matter experts to ensure that high business value solutions are planned and executed with quality throughout. As an Information Technology professional you may be required to perform duties that include elevated privileges. As a trusted custodian to the Company's sensitive information and/or systems you will be expected to maintain professional conduct and protect the confidentiality of any information to which you may have access. You will be expected to commit yourself to the highest standards of moral and business ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform test execution as needed for various Harbor Freight projects
• Review and identify gaps and deficiencies business requirements, technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability
• Assist QA Management in department operational tasks
• Track and report on test status progress across multiple initiatives
• Participate in cross-functional collaborative problem solving and defect management sessions with project teams
• Proactively seek and share information about relevant aspects of Quality Assurance and Testing disciplines with business and IT stakeholders
• Follow SQA and Testing policies, processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Demonstrate flexibility in executing testing efforts as project priorities warrant
• Collaborate with other areas within IT and our business to identify and improve testing processes
• Staff supervision and Development –No
• Decision Making – Provides data for decision support
• Travel – 0%
• Location – Corporate HQ, Calabasas, CA
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
• BS or BA equivalent college degree is required
• Minimum of 5 years of QA and testing experience is required; Prior experience with the following is required: o Ecommerce
o Mobile testing tools and techniques
o Automation testing using selenium IDE and WebDriver
o Responsive design testing tools • Industry related certifications including ISTQB, CSQA, CQA, CSTE or CISA certifications are a plus
• Software Development Lifecycle experience, including agile, spiral and waterfall methods
• Working knowledge of testing metrics, KPIs and other test metrics and reporting methods
Job Qualifications- Skills
• Thorough understanding of quality management and modern testing techniques, methodologies, processes, procedures and measurement for large, complex initiatives
• Thorough knowledge of test planning and test case design for all types of testing including functionality, usability, regression, systems integration, end to end, performance and load testing
• Ability to write and analyze reports for a broad audience including management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills)
• Strong analytical skills
• Possess a "Do what it takes" attitude with the flexibility to multi-task if needed and be willing to contribute to hand-on test efforts when needed.
• Strong computer skills with capability in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
General office environment requiring ability to:
• stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
• speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
• use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
• lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website