The Regulatory Compliance Specialist partners with Legal and other departments to ensure that all Harbor Freight Tools products meet or exceed relevant regulations and standards, across a complex and diverse array of consumer product categories. This role identifies industry best practices and works closely with key stakeholders in various departments to develop and execute implementation plans. The Regulatory Compliance Specialist actively seeks continuous improvement opportunities to de-risk the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all products comply with federal, state, local regulations and Harbor Freight Tools policies and procedures. Focus includes, but is not limited to, various state chemical/safety (e.g., TPCH, Green Chemistry and RPPC) regulations and consumer product safety requirements and best practices (in accordance with the CPSC).
- Support critical product compliance initiatives to minimize risks and ensure consistent regulatory compliance.
- Reinforce product compliance monitoring, execute compliance control processes, and assist in defining the ongoing compliance testing programs.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure adequate flow of information between departments. Ensure understanding and implementation of new policies and procedures across all impacted teams.
- Assist with consumer product safety initiatives including recalls, consumer product investigations and reviews.
- Help develop compliance training programs and deliver specialized training as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of labeling and certification.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Staff supervision and Development – No
- Decision Making – Provides data for decision support; maintains confidential information
- Travel – up to 10%
- Location – Corporate HQ
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelors' Degree required, preferably with a Business or Legal major or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of regulatory compliance experience in the consumer goods industry. Relevant experience will be with a consumer products company, major retailer or nationally recognized testing laboratory.
- Experience assessing risk and advising management in resolution of regulatory compliance issues is required.
- Quality Control experience is a strong plus.
Job Qualifications- Skills
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills required.
- Ability to translate complex information into compelling stakeholder-friendly language, including the importance of regulatory compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has or can attain strong knowledge of laws, regulations, industry best practices, and current trends in the field.
- Ability to identify compliance risks and competently advise on applicable regulatory matters.
- Experience as a strategic thinker and the ability to develop effective plans.
- Results-oriented. Ability to design and carry out strategic and operational plans.
- Dedicated to the success of the company and willing to commit to necessary hours.
- Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to multitask, exceptional follow-up skills and able to meet deadlines.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website