The National Investigator – Organized Retail Crime will leverage all available investigative tools to eliminate and reduce company exposure to significant external theft and fraud trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage all available investigative tools to eliminate and reduce company exposure to significant external theft and fraud trends.
- Gather intelligence, expand scope and resolve external theft trends involving organized retail crime.
- Develop investigative plans to include interviews, incident mapping, link analysis, video review, online sourcing for stolen product and identification of subjects involved and other resources.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with law enforcement, other retailers, ORCA and online buy/sell companies to.
- Effectively build theft cases for prosecution and restitution recovery.
- Develop and maintain partnerships across corporate, field and supply chain to include but not limited to legal, retail operations, field loss prevention leaders, supply chain loss prevention leaders and store operations store and field leadership.
- Identify opportunities to prevent external organized theft through case management trend analysis, report analysis and post case resolution review.
- Prepare and deliver case updates, proposals and other complex information in various formats, including verbal, written, presentation, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of retail Loss Prevention best practices, industry connections and subject matter expertise, including internal and external shrink, Organized Retail Crime, and fraud.
- Supervises Staff - No
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel –Up to 50%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Business Acumen: knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information regarding retail data, analytics and business intelligence. Understands the purpose and stakeholders of Harbor Freight practices, policies, procedures and systems.
- Drive for Results: Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans. Consistently pushes self and others for results; eliminates roadblocks. Manages internal and external communication.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Relentless and versatile in the pursuit of creative solutions. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of problems.
- Managing and Measuring Work: establishes clear objectives and measures for self and others. Monitors and reports on progress and results. Sets benchmarks and ensures accountability.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: able to drive for results while managing changes in priorities/scope. Can quickly adapt to evolving business needs.
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Finance, Criminal Justice or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of loss prevention experience in the retail industry, with 2+ years of organized retail crime investigation experience and 2+ years of multi-store retail experience.
- Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI) and Interrogation-Wicklander-Zulawski
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, overnight shifts and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business. Regular travel is required. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience in link analysis, crime mapping or spatial mapping preferred.
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website