Guthrie is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to join its growing Vascular Surgery practice in Sayre, PA.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter SURGICAL SERVICE, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell/TEXT welcome).Highlights of the Position
- Fast-paced working environment Monday Friday with average number of patients per day at 30.
- Teaching opportunities available with residents, medical students, and nursing students
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, retirement, relocation and CME allowance
- Duties include:
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs and completes physical exams and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate lab and diagnostic procedures.
- Analyze data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan
- Follow up with patients through hospital course and prep of discharge summaries and orders.
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses for qualified candidates
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- APP counsel and other leadership opportunities
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthries central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Apply on company website