Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health delivery system is seeking dynamic, distinguished candidates for its next Chair, Department of Surgery. The Department of Surgery has 14 sub-specialty sections including several key programs and service lines which support clinical care and innovation, as well as the ACGME-accredited General Surgery Residency and future programs.
Opportunity Details and Requirements:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of postgraduate experience
- Five or more years of successful and progressive leadership experience in a Chair, Vice Chair, Division Chief, or Program Director role.
- M.D./D.O. along with Board Certification in a surgical sub-specialty.
- Advanced Degrees such as MBA, MHA, or MMM preferred
- Possession of or eligible for PA and NY licensure.
- Oversees all surgical sub-specialties within the Guthrie system.
- The Chair will report directly to the President of the Guthrie Medical Group, Frederick Bloom, MD, MMM
- Clinically active, position requires OR and clinical component
- Proven track record of academic accomplishments and professional service necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of the surgical specialties at Guthrie.
- Ensures the surgical departments function in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of the departments, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as a mentor, guide and support for physician leaders.
- Experience developing junior staff/faculty.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the General Surgery Residency and future residencies to ensure the quality of these programs.
- Leads recruitment/retention of physicians and APPs within the Department to actively grow as a system.
- Collaborates with other departments, expands faculty, creates new clinical programs, provides effective mentoring and teaching, evaluates and anticipates the Department's future.
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators as well as monitors the Department's performance in relation to these annual targets.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health delivery system is seeking dynamic, distinguished candidates for its next Chair, ...
Apply on company website