DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Applicants! Apply today and join our HCA Family!
Shift: Full Time Days, Rotating WeekendsGulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, Florida. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. POSITION SUMMARY: The Phlebotomist is responsible for the efficient and safe obtaining of appropriate blood samples from patients for the performance of laboratory procedures, and for the proper processing of these samples. The Phlebotomist interacts with patients, families and visitors and medical, nursing and laboratory staff in a courteous and professional manner at all times. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Verifies patient identity verbally and by checking name and unique identifier on patient's arm band before performing any specimen collection procedure.
- Properly collects and processes specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
- Answers phone with a pleasant demeanor and assists customers in any way possible.
- Assists with training of new hires and phlebotomy students.
- Assists with clerical duties as needed.
- Ensures continuity of care across shifts.
- Fosters teamwork through participation in department activities and committees.
- Actively seeks to improve knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Forgiveness
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School or GED
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- National Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- BLS required
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Successful completion of phlebotomy training program OR at least 5 years of phlebotomy experience required
- Reads and writes Basic English possessing the basic skills necessary to meet the needs of the position
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work with hazardous material and utilize personal protective equipment
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website