DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of GCMC. Perform patient care and cardiac monitoring duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of GCMC.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
- Demonstrates and understanding of patients charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by ordering supplies, cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
- Ability to perform cardiac rhythm monitoring and then report changes to RN appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Unit secretary skills preferred
- Must complete 50% of validation profile within the first year and 100% within two years required
- Must complete basic arrhythmia class and /or pass arrhythmia test with > 80% within 3 months of hire required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, visitors, physicians and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Read and writes Basic English
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
- Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds, with assistance from other staff (medium work)
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website