DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Schedule: Full Time Days, Rotating Weekends
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Unit Secretary is responsible for a variety of functions in the laboratory fulfilling many clerical duties. This individual distributes lab results, processes patient orders, and interacts with all customers of every level. Their function is essential in aiding clinical practitioners in confirming or ruling out diagnoses, monitoring chronic disease states, and analyzing the effects of medical therapies.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which result in patient harm. Uses occurrence reporting system to report potential patient safety issues.
Demonstrates knowledge of Laboratory Information System.
Completes all mandatory education requirements.
Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
Other duties as assigned.
Shift: Full Time Nights, Rotating Weekends Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, Florida. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. POSITION SUMMARY: The Phlebotomist is responsible for the efficient and safe obtaining of appropriate blood samples from patients for the performance of laboratory procedures, and for the proper processing of these samples. The Phlebotomist interacts with patients, families and visitors and medical, nursing and laboratory staff in a courteous and professional manner at all times. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Verifies patient identity verbally and by checking name and unique identifier on patient's arm band before performing any specimen collection procedure.
- Properly collects and processes specimens for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
- Answers phone with a pleasant demeanor and assists customers in any way possible.
- Assists with training of new hires and phlebotomy students.
- Assists with clerical duties as needed.
- Ensures continuity of care across shifts.
- Fosters teamwork through participation in department activities and committees.
- Actively seeks to improve knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
•High School or GED
•Applicable experience may substitute for education
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• 1-3 years preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English possessing the basic skills necessary to meet the needs of the position
• Basic computer skills
• Above average typing skills
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentialityEEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website