Stanford Faculty Club
Position Title: Hotel Housekeeper
Reports To: Membership Manager
Pay Range: $19 - $24 an hour, Inlcudes Benefits, Health Insurance and 401k
The Hotel Housekeeper performs routine cleaning and service duties of the guest rooms, Club restrooms, and lobby on a daily basis. The Hotel Housekeeper promotes a positive image of the property at all times and greets guests with a pleasant and friendly manner. The Hotel Housekeeper periodically performs additional tasks and special requests from the guests and management team. This is a full-time, hourly non-exempt position. The work schedule will include weekends and holidays requiring flexibility based on hotel reservations and scheduled events.
A successful Hotel Housekeeper possesses the desire to contribute to the overall success of the Club's operations. He/she/they will be prompt when responding to guest inquiries and management requests. He/she/they must be well versed in professional communication with the aptitude to exercise discretion. He/she/they provides excellent customer service with the utmost professional integrity. He/she/they is courteous, shows initiative and enthusiasm with the members, guests and coworkers.
Essential Job Functions: *including but not limited to*
- Provides and maintains a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment for hotel guests and club visitors.
- Reviews daily operation guidelines.
- Follows daily hotel cleaning checklist for each room; both refresh and flips.
- Maintains guest rooms for arrival and departure to the highest level of cleanliness.
- Launders, folds and irons (when necessary) all housekeeping linens and towels.
- Ensures public areas are clean and well stocked.
- Cleans, dusts, and vacuums main building elevator, hallways, foyers and restrooms (main and kitchen) each morning.
- Spot checks and cleans the upper terrace and front desk daily.
- Tracks the hotel inventory and informs the front desk administrator when to order more cleaning supplies, towels, linens, pillows, coffee, etc.
- Monitors and reports necessary repairs, replacements, damaged, or missing items.
- Maintains a safe work environment at all times and complies with all safety and security policies.
- Ensures security and privacy of guests and guest rooms.
- Attends monthly safety and team meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of MSDS and proper handling of chemicals.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
Additional Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- Understands work schedule will be based on room status list of guest arrivals and departures.
- Restocks room supplies such as kitchen service ware, soaps, shampoo, mini bar items, coffee, water, etc.
- Will inspect and turn mattresses as needed.
- Checks all appliances to ensure they are in working order.
- Realigns furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Responds to guest and manager queries and calls for issues such as spills and broken glass.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned; may include tasks outside of job description.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED and two years of experience. Knowledge of cleaning, sanitation products and proper techniques and methods when using them. An ability to work in a cooperative manner with coworkers. Able to multitask as well as give and receive constructive feedback.
Great attitude and highly motivated.
Be able to problem solve and be both a prepared and flexible person. Establish and uphold positive and productive working relationships with guests and staff. Work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team. Be organized, exercise sound judgement, perform detailed tasks; understand, follow, and receive clear verbal and written direction.
This position routinely requires standing, walking, holding/carrying, reaching, twisting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, kneeling/squatting, sitting, climbing stairs/ladders. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs and stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day, excluding breaks. Must arrive to work properly dressed according to dress code and be able to work under pressure with time deadlines during peak periods.
Weekend, evening, and holiday availability required.
FLSA status: Exempt Guckenheimer Embraces Equal Opportunity Employment
Guckenheimer participates with E-Verify program as required by Law
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website